§ 1 Object
The object of these Licensing Conditions is the computer program FuzzyDupes Version 8.x, it's online user documentation and other written materials associated with it, which are together referred to below as the software.
§ 2 Guarantees
(1) This software is provided to the licensee "as is".
(2) Kroll Software-Development makes no guarantees whatsoever in terms of functional capability, freedom from error or applicability for any particular purpose.
§ 3 Evaluation
(1) A free and demo version is provided without any obligation. This demo version is only intended for evaluation purposes and must not be used in a productive environment.
(2) Already the use of the search results requires a utilization license, that is available for purchase.
§ 4 Utilization License
(1) This Utilization License grants the right to use the software on a single workstation for an unlimited time. Simultaneous utilization at more than one hardware requires a multiple license.
§ 5 Delivery
(1) This software is offered exclusively online for downloading. No data carriers or printed manuals will be provided to the customer, even in the event of licensing.
§ 6 Decompiling and Program Modifications
(1) No reverse translation of the program code made over to the licensee into other code forms (decompiling) or any other types of reverse engineering of the different production stages of the software, to include any program modification, is permitted.
(2) The removal of any protection device against copying or of any similar protective routines is not permitted.
(3) Originator notices, serial numbers and any other characteristics which serve program identification shall not be removed or altered under any circumstances.
§ 7 Liability
(1) In the event of damages or indirect damages arising from the utilization of this software, the liability of Kroll Software-Development is limited to a maximum of 1-times the purchase price.
(2) Liability for data loss is limited to the typical recovery expense arising from restoration from backups made at regularly scheduled intervals in accordance with the risk involved.
§ 8 Agreements in written form only
(1) No modifications or extensions of these contractual conditions, in particular any agreements which extend beyond the usual contract execution processes, nor any other special guarantees and agreements shall be made by the employees of the supplier. Such modifications, extensions or agreements are only binding in conjunction with specific written confirmations from the supplier.
§ 9 Area of Jurisdiction
Area of Jurisdiction is in any case Altdorf (URI), Switzerland.
Kroll Software-Development, Altdorf/CH, den 18.11.2009